The History of Massage Therapy: 5,000 Years of Relaxation and Pain Relief 2019-05-17 by Florida Academy You might think that massage therapy is a modern trend that natural healing practitioners are pushing. That’s partially true. The medical benefits of massage therapy are certainly being touted these days, but it’s not new. Massage therapy is part of a traditional holistic system of healing methods that began about 5,000 years ago.
The origin of massage therapy and ancient methods . The history of massage therapy dates back to 3000 BCE (or earlier) in India, where it was considered a sacred system of natural healing. Used by Hindus in Ayurveda “life health” medicine, massage therapy was a practice passed down through generations to heal injuries, relieve pain, and prevent and cure illnesses. Promoters of Ayurveda believe that illness and disease are caused when people are out of sync with the environment. Massage is believed to restore the body’s natural and physical balance so that it can heal naturally.
Massage therapy can help with a variety of health problems. The best part about massage treatment is that it does not require the use of drugs, which can be a significant benefit in leading a healthy lifestyle. Q’s Wellness Clinic is the place to go if you’re seeking for a registered massage therapist in Surrey, British Columbia.
We take pride in offering the greatest massage therapy in Surrey, and we do so with such skill and agility. The combination of natural approach and Holistic Approach will offer you a head start on your RMT treatments. Find your ideal massage therapist in Q’s Wellness Clinic.
How Massage Therapy Helps.
Massage therapy is a technique for relieving physiological pain and tension by manipulating the soft tissues of the body. We recommend the highly skilled registered massage therapist based on your needs at Q’s Wellness Clinic. Massage therapy can provide you with the relief you’ve been looking for, please notify your massage therapist about your medical problem. There are a variety of conditions that massage therapy can help you with, and each one will improve your quality of life to varying degrees.
- Massage therapy is the most effective treatment for back and neck pain.
- For common everyday health requirements such as stress, joint discomfort, postural pain, and muscular pain.
- Patients with identified medical disorders such as Arthritis, Sciatica, and Spinal damage receive extra attention and therapy.
- Our registered massage therapists can provide therapeutic assistance to relieve mental tension and depression, insomnia, weariness, and social anxiety are all symptoms of social anxiety.
- If you have a disease that is difficult to treat, such as diabetes, cancer, high blood pressure, or migraines, a trained massage therapist from Q’s Wellness Clinic will come to your aid right away.
- You can count on our RMT services to go above and beyond your expectations. Our massages are performed passion, care and devotion.
Call Us At
Customers like our services at Q’s Wellness Clinic because they experience :
- Appropriate massage therapy treatment.
- Manipulation of the right muscles and tissue for maximum results .
- Extremely relaxing and calm massage therapy .
- Easy appointments that allow you to see an RMT right away .
- Convenient treatment sessions .
- Reasonably priced RMT session packages
- Advice on how to maintain the therapeutic healing that you gained from massage sessions.
Techniques We Offer
Massage Therapy Techniques offered at the Q’s Wellness Clinic cover a wide range of the latest innovations in muscle tissue restoration. Some of these techniques include:.
This is a technique applied in a rhythmical and repetitive manner to increase blood flow to the muscles to allow for an increase in the range of motion to remove tightness and stiffness from the muscles in order to decrease pain.
As the word implies, this process involves the use of water in any of its forms (ice, liquid or steam) to aid in the preparation of the tissues before a treatment or after a treatment to decrease stiffness. For example, using heated water the warmth allows the tissue to become flexible and increase circulation throughout the body.
Prenatal and Postnatal Massage
We provide assistance to relieve the discomfort of the mom-to-be. As the woman’s body changes rapidly during this time massage helps to ease the muscle tension and fatigue. Postnatal (after the baby) treatments are also offered for mom and baby. We educate Mom in correct posture to reduce the potential muscle discomfort while feeding and caring for her baby as well as effective soothing treatments to assist in calming her upset baby through their transition into a new world.
Deep Tissue Massage
A technique focusing on restoring the deeper layers of muscle tissue, this technique involves slower strokes with firm pressure relieving suppressed muscle tension and increasing blood flow to maintain proper tissue health.
PNF applies neurophysiological principles of the sensory/motor system to manual evaluation and treatment of neuromuscular skeletal dysfunctions. PNF provides the therapist with an efficient means for evaluating and treating neuromuscular and structural dysfunctions.
Petrissage is an effective massage technique in which deep pressure is applied to tissue and underlying muscle.
Petrissage is used to free up movement of tissues and muscle by treating muscle knots or spasms. The petrissage massage technique uses a squeezing technique in which can alleviate muscle spasm. Petrissage can improve blood circulation, break up adhesions and relax the muscles. Massage therapists at Manchester Physio can use petrissage as an effective treatment for a range of conditions
Pin and Stretch Technique
With pin and stretch technique, the force of the stretch is focused on the region of the muscle that is between the pinned point and the attachment that is moved.